PLANNING ON TAKING A TRIP TO SHINIPSIT LAKE FOR THE FIRST TIME. DOES ANY BODY KNOW IF THEIRS GOOD FISHING FROM SHORE OR DO YOU NEED A BOAT, AND WHAT LURES MIGHT BE GOOD Question

Posted Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:32 pm

tbob fishes that place a lot Eddie I'm sure he will pipe in
You can't just drop in your own boat they restrict that, not sure about shore access myself.

Posted Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:53 am

eddie....there is some shore access by the bridge and also down in the back cove......boats are quarintined there for the season and monitors work there all day and make their rounds to insure nobody drops in a kayak,canoe,etc. illegally.....if you stop at the boat livery and ask I am sure they will direct you to where shore fishing is allowed.....good luck!

Posted Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:33 am

thanks for the info,good to know . Go Fish

Posted Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:50 am

That gem of a lake is highly managed,it has a substantial population of Rainbow Smelt,there is plenty of shore access and they all look open and inviting.The Smelt are off limits but there should be plenty of action,as for the boat thing you have to leave you boat there for at least 24 hours before entry,if all this sounds like a lot why not cruise up to Bigelow pond or Mashapaug Lake within Bigelow Hollow State Park they have diverse fisheries there including Mr.delicious Walleye.

Posted Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:00 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links