I'm aware of a couple of reports of the above named suspects being in the area. Anyone know anything for sure? See anything?

Posted Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:12 am

Ive heard a little chatter but nothing to exciting Bonito specifically, little early for the albies inside in my opinion

Posted Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:42 am

ON THE BONITO QUESTION
Have not heard a credible source saying they were in as of yesterday. One nameless charter captain was claiming he was catching a few days ago, but my source says his boat was in that whole day in question. Sounds like he was looking to drum up business. ANY TIME NOW. Albies should follow.

Posted Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:31 am

Out last Thr. and today. Still haven't seen any bonito! Itchin' to run and gun.

Posted Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Thanks for the report RNE. Seems to me you get out more than just about anybody around here so I'm always looking forward to any and all recon you might be doing. Keep us posted!

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:03 am

Thanks. No sighting as of last Friday. Not looking to good for the WICC Bluefish Tourney this weekend! Hoping to get some reports of bonito or albies where I can get to them in my little boat (same areas as yakers).

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:10 pm

8/25 and the wait continues. Guy from work was just out of Stonington. No bonito. Looking for some action after this storm. Everything will be churned up pretty good. Will be my first week of no salt water since back in May Crying or Very sad

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:53 pm

Yeah I'm banking on the same hope that the storm brings good things. Gonna go out Wednesday if the weather is gone by then.

Posted Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:58 am

Albies are in. See the trip I posted "Albies Make a Show."

Posted Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:23 am

Nice! I've been wondering what you've been up to,been awfully quiet as of late. Thanks for the info. I'm gonna give it a try on Wednesday. Hope they come in closer than where you saw them as I won't be getting out that far in my yak!

Posted Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:31 am

They were running up both sides of Fishers Island. They've been shooting through Watch Hill, and I imagine must be in and around some of the inner reefs and rips. They will hopefully start moving in larger numbers through places like Napatree, Pine Island, and over to Harkness and Two Tree so we can get at them w/ small boats and yaks.

Posted Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:45 am

Albies are lighting it up. Jack just called me today as they caught 18 in 2 1/2 hrs. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with no real time to fish until the end of this month. May try and sneak out in my boat Sunday if the weather is OK. Will be limited as to where I can fish.

Posted Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:08 pm

What is the big deal about Albies??? You can't eat them, and they don't fight any better than a bluefish as far as I'm concerned.
So what's the big deal? They are over rated in my opinion

Posted Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:19 am

Hahaha. My cents are this: False albacore are just another fish to catch! And, although I don't dare say that they are smart, they are more selective than Bluefish and more challenging to the angler. More challenging for me, anyway.

Posted Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:37 am

aqualung

What is the big deal about Albies??? You can't eat them, and they don't fight any better than a bluefish as far as I'm concerned.
So what's the big deal? They are over rated in my opinion

Well for one I've never caught one. And besides that,they're "little tunas"! What's not to like about them?Today was my second time actually targeting them and after the day I've had they have become my "White Whale"! Check out the trip I posted for the details.

Posted Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:13 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links