Love fishing with my brother Doug. He definitely keeps it entertaining. He might break me in half for this.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWixWAy_ppQ[/youtube]

Posted Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:01 pm

Good stuff

Posted Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:42 am

Wish i was back in florida!

Posted Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:57 am

Too funny,you're bro's a natural. Might want to edit out the goliath grouper though. Pretty sure it's a violation to even bring one on board. He might not like being the star of your video but he'll be really unhappy when Florida Fish and Game comes looking for him! Wink

Posted Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:37 pm

What would make it worse is he's a fed. Fortunately, it's really a gag grouper, the much smaller cousin of the Goliath. Here's a repost of an earlier pic with a true goliath grouper. Much more impressive. You can still fish them, but as you point out, cannot even boat them (same for tarpon!!!).

Posted Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:48 am

WHAT! Can't boat a tarpon anymore? That's just in Florida,right? Man,been planning on going down to Florida and doing some tarpon fishing with my brother sometime. He's been sick for a couple of years now and that's been on the top of the "to do" list just as soon as he's able. That sucks.

me and my bro

Posted Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:54 pm

My bad on the current tarpon regs in FL. Current regs allow for 2 w/ a $50 tag for each fish. Take that trip with your brother!!
They stopped letting you boat them for a little while.

Last year I had to get licensed in 5 states. Make sure you are familiar w/ all regs of states you fish as the fines can be pretty big.

http://myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/regulations/

Statewide Regulations
• There is a two fish possession limit for tarpon. You must purchase
a tarpon tag from the FWC to lawfully possess a tarpon.
• Tarpon tags can be purchased from your local county tax collector.
• Dragging tarpon to weigh stations is considered possession.
• The intentional snagging or snatch-hooking of tarpon is prohibited.
For questions concerning tarpon regulations contact the Florida
Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission’s Division of Marine
Fisheries Management at 850-488-6058 or on the Web

Posted Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:29 pm

Well that's good news. Not planning on keeping any. Not me anyway. My brother might as he has a couple of mounts on the wall. I just wanna go have some fun and snap some pictures with big tarpon!

Posted Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:18 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links