http://www.foothillsmediagroup.com/articles/2011/12/02/litchfield/news/doc4ed96b949325b749930347.txt?viewmode=default
dont know how much the fees will be, or when it will open, but found this out by calling the litchfield county clerk and then googling. Best news i have herd in a long time!!!!! Very Happy

Posted Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:59 pm

Thanks for the article. "...the state’s largest natural lake". I was brought up to know Pocotopaug as the state's largest, natural lake. I guess it depends on where you're from! Laughing

Posted Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:25 am

I hope this doesn't cause tons of traffic on bantam. It gets pretty bad out there some days. I have always used that morris launch never with an issue. Now that everyone is going to know that beverelys is the new launch and public, I can see lots more fishing/boating traffic that before.

Posted Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:57 am

Kinda makes me miss bass fishing in VA. My local fishing hole was either the Rappahannock River or Lake Anna (13,000 acres filled with bass and stripers). My uncle has a place on Smith Mountain Lake (22,000 acres). If that's not enough, Buggs Island and Lake Glaston cover almost 100,000 acres of bass infested waters. Up here it's everyone fishing on top of everyone else. Nothing like having boats motoring around every few minutes.

Posted Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:53 pm

Well you have to take the good with the bad, as with everything else in life guys. Life without public water is not right, we should be able to launch anywhere big enough to launch a bass boat, or ski boat etc.
It all depends on the stupidity factor of people, just like driving on the roads around here. It's good news for all, although you could always launch at White Memorial Campground for a very small fee. And yes Redneck, we are a much smaller area than Virginia, you just have to learn to live with it or move.

Posted Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:25 am

Believe me Hila, if I could convince my wife to move to the Keys, I'd be gone tomorrow. Unfortunately, she hates fishing and there isn't much shopping. After 10 years up here, I may even break down and try ice fishing.

Posted Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:59 am

redneckangler

After 10 years up here, I may even break down and try ice fishing.

You may not even have a chance to do that Redneck. This weather is disgusting.
Rigged my ice gear with new flags and leader line. Too bad its still sitting in the corner of my living room floor lookin back at me. Hate this wet raw weather.

Posted Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:39 pm

Its been a horrible year for ice I've been out twice so far and have zero pike to show for it.

Posted Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:30 am

From CT Outfitters

"Just heard from a customer who is currently fishing Bantam... 4-5" of good ice. The edges are a little wet but the ice is good. Also had guys heading to Tyler, have not heard from them yet but suspect there is still a good 6" there. Overnight temps look fine coming up."

Maybe all hope is not lost.

Posted Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:57 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links