Mercury Marine will establish a memorial fund in honor of TV fishing show host Jose Wejebe, who died Friday afternoon when the single-engine plane he was piloting crashed.

Wejebe, of Summerland Key in Florida, was killed immediately after takeoff from Everglades City, Fla. He was the registered owner of the kit plane, according to FAA records. Officials did not know what caused the crash, according to the Sun-Sentinel newspaper.

The National Transportation Safety Board also is investigating the crash, according to media reports.

Wejebe was the host of “Spanish Fly,” a weekly fishing show on the

http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/home/519569-mercury-marine-mourns-death-of-fishing-show-host#

Posted Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:52 pm

horrible!!! such a shame. He seemed to be a great guy! Fro what I have read, he befriended anyone who he met. Just a genuine guy. I love watching his show. Sad day.

Posted Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:23 pm

That guy was hardcore. I seen a show where he left Florida and sailed to Belize (across the Gulf of Mexico) in his center console straight through to fish. Pushed his boat and fuel to the limits.....................Shame that he's done.

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:29 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links