Norwich, Conn. —

As city leaders continue to market Norwich as a year-round fishing destination, they’re hoping thousands of sportsmen from across the region who agree will make it known via their computers.

In six days, voting begins for the World Fishing Network’s Ultimate Fishing Town 2012, and the Harbor Management Commission Tuesday said it’s preparing to launch a press campaign urging people to cast a ballot for Norwich.

“I think the opportunities for fishing in Norwich are outstanding, and we need to let more people know about it,” commission Chairman John Paul Mereen said. “And this fits right in with what we’re trying to do.”

Officials aren’t sure who entered Norwich into the competition, but they do have a plan for the $25,000 cash prize that comes for the winning entry.

Read more: Norwich seeking recognition as ultimate spot to fish - Norwich, CT - The Bulletin http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news/x787569770/Norwich-seeking-recognition-as-ultimate-spot-to-fish#ixzz1t2ZC7VRQ

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:52 am

Call me selfish..but I would rather see Norwich harbor stay just the way it is. In my opinion if they tried to make it a big attraction it would destroy the fishing there

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:54 am

Thats a good point AL. They have such a nice harbor there. I'd hate to see it fill up with all these people fishing that are not me.

Posted Mon May 14, 2012 3:38 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links