..............Okay,so I was messin' around throwing metals at some small blues that were surfacing on a break while I was flukin. I've been wanting to try to eat one for a couple of years now as the reports I hear from people I know and don't know are conflicting. So I kept a 2lber,bled and filleted it immediately after catching it and put it on ice. Took it home,cut it in small chunks,soaked in milk for about an hour,breaded it,fried it and you know what? I FREAKIN LOVE IT! IT'S DELICIOUS! I also baked a fluke the same night and you know it's still sitting in the fridge headed for the trash. I ate some but it was mush and has no flavor. Looks like from here on out either my fishin' buddies or neighbors are getting the fluke or they're going back in the drink. LONG LIVE THE BLUEFISH!

Posted Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:21 pm

Blue's are great Ev. One of my favorite fish for the smoker too!

Posted Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:45 pm

My brother smoked about a dozen of the small taylor blues we caught the other day. As you said Carp, bleeding and icing them right away is key. They're oily, so they smoke well. Once smoked, he'll vacuum seal some and contrary to what many say, it freezes quite well. He loves them. As for me, throw a NY strip on the grill!

Posted Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:31 pm

Its great to hear that, because in my experience, blue fish is great. Just like most fish, they should be bled out before it gets into the meat.

Posted Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:37 pm

I love snappers just not the bones!

Posted Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:46 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links